Back to course home page
Fordham College at Lincoln Center
Dept. of Computer and Info. Sciences
CSLV 4650 -- Cyberspace: Ethics & Issues
Prof. Robert K. Moniot
During this semester, each student in this class is expected to
for term papers
Your in-class presentation should be on the same topic as either your
midterm paper or your final paper, but the other paper should be on a
different topic. Exceptions to this rule will be granted if
sufficient reasons are given. For each paper, students
must submit first an outline, then a rough draft, and finally the
- an in-class presentation (approx. 20 minutes plus discussion)
- a midterm research paper (1000 to 2000 words in length)
- a final term research paper (2000 to 4000 words in length)
The in-class presentations
by different students must all be on different topics. When
deciding what topic to choose for your presentation, consult
the schedule of presentations
posted on the class web page to find out what topics have already been
See the class web page,
for resources such as citation style guides and links to computer ethics web pages. In case you have trouble deciding on a
topic, there is also a list of topics there to stimulate your imagination. But feel free to pick your own topics to suit your areas
- Sep. 16:
- Outline of midterm paper due.
- Sep. 30:
- First draft of midterm paper due.
- Oct. 18:
- Midterm paper due.
- Nov. 11:
- Outline of final term paper due.
- Dec. 2:
- First draft of final term paper due.
- Dec. 16:
- Final term paper due.