Back to course home page
CISC 2540 Sec. L01
Intro to Video Game Design
I inserted a lecture on material from Game Maker's Apprentice, so
we are a bit behind the schedule of lectures given in the
syllabus. Here is the new plan, starting with our return to the
classroom after the GameMaker lab sessions.
- F Oct 18
- Habgood & Overmars Chapters 5 & 8:
game design principles.
- T Oct 22
- Chandler Chapter 3: Roles on the Team
- F Oct 25
- Chandler Chapter 4: Teams.
- T Oct 29
- Chandler Chapter 5: Effective communication.
Also, Tips on Public Speaking.
- F Nov 1
- Chandler Chapter 6: Game production overview.
- T Nov 5
- Chandler Chapter 9: Game requirements.
- F Nov 8
- McGonigal Chapters 1-2: What makes a good game.
- T Nov 12
- McGonigal Chapters 3-4: Game motivations.
- F Nov 15–F Dec 6
- Student Presentations
Final exam date will not be shifted. It will be on
the day set by the registrar (tentatively Dec. 11 at 1:30 pm)